Running a medical practice is not an easy job. It requires a seamless connection between you, your staff, and your patients. It can sometimes become difficult to manage all the calls and other tasks at the same time. To man the phone lines, you need extra help and this is where the answering service provider offers the perfect solution for all your problems.
What is a medical answering service?
Doctor answering service provider offers secured phone lines service in accordance with HIPAA. The call center is equipped with trained professionals who will answer calls on your behalf.
The medical answering service provider can perform a wide range of tasks. In this article, we will discuss the top services offered by most medical answering service providers.
- Live answering: It is not possible for a doctor to be available 24/7, but that is not the case with the answering service. They are available 24 hours a day, 364 days a year. The professional at the call center will answer all the calls, and if you provide them with a list of FAQs, they will be able to answer patient questions as well.
- Message taking:Another service offered by answering service is message taking. If you are not available, the call center will collect the message for you and forward it to you when you have the time. This ensures that you never miss any crucial message from your patients.
- After-hour answering: When you close the door for the day that doesn’t mean your patients have to wait. They can still call and leave their message. If it is urgent and requires your immediate attention the call center will forward the call to you. Otherwise, they will take the message.
- Call management:The main problem medical practitioners face is the overflow of calls. Sometimes it becomes too tough for you and your staff to handle all the calls at the same time. But, with the answering service, you don’t have to worry about that. When your patient will call, the call will be transferred to a call center which will be answered within seconds. This not only reduces the load of calls but also increases the patient’s satisfaction because they don’t have to wait long before their call is answered.
- Appointment setting:Apart from managing calls and taking messages, the service provider can also set up meetings. Your patients can directly to the call center and book an appointment with the doctor within minutes.
- Appointment reminders:The call center will call the patient and remind them about their appointment. This helps save doctors time and they can attend to other patients if a patient decides to cancel their appointment.
- Payment processing:Some service provides accept debit and credit card payments over the phone. This makes the process quick and easy for both you and the patient.
- Call recording: The call center also provides a call recording service where they securely store the call for review purposes.