Healthcare answering service is an essential requirement to handle large volumes of calls at any medical center, for which service professionals are trained to correctly follow clinic protocols. The professionals handle all type of healthcare calls and connect the necessary ones to the concerned doctors. They are trained to connect calls during emergencies as well, when reaching the experienced doctor is of paramount importance.
More time is spent on treatment
Since doctors no longer have to answer phones, they invest this time in provide high quality medical treatment. Healthcare answering service also helps them do greater justice to their profession with respect to all cases. A doctor’s profession is invaluable due to the kind of knowledge and skill possessed, which is of maximum use when the mind is free of worries. Individuals are happy to get personalized attention from their favorite doctors.
Peace of mind is important not just for the doctors but for the patients as well. They wouldn’t like it if their doctors keep interrupting treatment sessions due to phone calls, and several of them at that.
Advantages at a glance
Before getting any of these answering services installed it is helpful to know a little more about him, so that one can be sure of how they will help. Here’s a look at the major advantages:
- There will never be a time when a doctor would need to miss an urgent call
- Patient care through the answering service will always be of a high quality
- Patients will feel confident of describing their issues with the professionals
- Medical issues will always be prioritized as per urgency before escalation
- Strict patient-clinic confidentiality will be maintained
- Physicians will be able to conveniently set their schedules
- The answering service will help the medical center save time and money in the long run
- A multilingual answering service will be most helpful
- Backup numbers will always be reachable if there is no response
Medical centers will find it suitable to pay a flat rate for calls to the answering services every month. This is because fixing call volumes as per days or months here would be impossible. One shouldn’t have to worry about call rates and thereby decrease the attention given to individuals over the phone.
HIPAA compliance for answering services
All med answering services have to legally comply with guidelines given by HIPAA, or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. This Act was set up in 1996 with the aim of protecting patient privacy and also improving the ways to get health insurance portability. Actions taken by HIPAA are as per the rules given below:
- Transactions and Code Sets rule
- Unique Identifiers Rule
- Security rule
- Privacy rule
- Focus on health care access, renewability and portability
- Prevention of healthcare fraud and abuse, along with Medical Liability Reform and Administrative Simplification
Customers will always feel happy when their doctors are able to display the right care towards them. Since call volumes will be handled by the professionals, the doctors will be free to do what they do best.