Have you ever felt worried about maintaining customer service standards at your healthcare center? You may have seen a large number of individuals queuing up for either medical advice or for receiving specialized treatment. Many a times, even people who come after fixing up appointments also have to be turned away due to lack of space. To prevent this situation, you can look at hiring the services of a top healthcare call center.
Yes, giving medical attention is certainly your duty, but it is cruel to make that complicated if you have to dedicate too much time on phone calls. When you hire a top healthcare call center, it will ensure that all calls by patients are prioritized and then accordingly attended. Since this company is in the business of attending calls, the service will prove to be a big aid in organizing your schedule. Healthcare call centers help clinics and hospitals all over the US manage their patients in an efficient manner.
Duties of a healthcare call center
Professionals who provide medical answering services make doctors’ lives easier by performing the following duties:
- Answering all phone calls
- Routing emergency calls to the doctor(s)
- Scheduling medical appointments
- Sending appointment-based reminders to patients
- Taking down notes of case-related information and messages for the doctors
- Recording the customer calls so that these can be used for future reference
- Facilitating Customer payments
- Receiving calls even if the doctor is unavailable
Advantages of this service are as follows:
- Calls to the medical institution are always answered in one ring, especially in the case of emergency situations. Messages can be sent to cellphones during emergencies.
- All calls are categorized as per being urgent and non-urgent. Urgent calls are forwarded to the doctor within just 3 seconds.
- A backup process is followed in case the relevant doctor is not available. This is the escalation process which is discussed between the call center and the doctors.
- Payment can be made at a flat rate for unlimited calls during the month. No hidden fees are charged by the best health call centers.
- Call center services can be customized as per requirements
Presenting the face of your clinic
The call center plays an instrumental role in presenting the face of your clinic. It creates an initial impression when the patient calls in. It does not make a patient feel as though he or she is talking to a robotic voice on an answering machine. This helps in the person being able to get relief from the existing stress. Here, the calming voices of call center professionals greatly help to provide care and assurance. It is helpful for patients to know that their medical problems will be solved by compassionate professionals.
Even after the doctor’s office hours are over, the call center continues to take calls. This ensures that medical help is not compromised at any cost. It reinforces customers’ faiths that they will get medical attention, even if they pay a visit on the next day. Professionalism and reassurance are important values for every customer.