Whether you’re just starting in the medical industry or are just looking to upgrade your current business, a medical office answering service is a great way to help keep you in touch with your patients and stay HIPAA compliant. In this post we have discussed what is medical telephone answering service along with the benefits of using one for your practice.
Medical Telephone Answering Services – What Do They Do?
Medical telephone answering services are a great way to provide after-hours phone support for your medical practice. With their professional and experienced operators, your medical facility can handle many important phone calls. They can answer various questions, including common health-related inquiries, and connect patients to your office in emergency cases.
Benefits of a Medical Answering Service
Once “what is medical office answering service” is answered, the next big question is what are the benefits of these services. Here you go! A med answering service can be a lifesaver for doctors. By having an experienced operator handle calls from patients, you can spend more time caring for your patients and less time on the phone. In addition, a medical telephone answering service can help you manage your practice more efficiently by handling routine tasks such as making appointments and sending reminders. To learn more about the benefits of using a medical answering service, read on.
Provides After-Hours Phone Support
Using a medical answering service will also help your practice achieve a better work/life balance. Answering the phone is a common task that falls way down the list of priorities for many medical professionals.
- Using a med answering service allows you to concentrate on the needs of your patients and improves your overall bottom line.
- Medical answering services can also provide billing, appointment scheduling, and other common inquiries. They can also give the hearing impaired a TTY or IP Relay service. These services can save your practice money and provide a great customer service experience for your patients.
- After-hours med answering services are designed to help medical practices handle after-hours calls without hiring extra staff.
- They offer trained live agents who can answer incoming calls and deliver customized messages. You can also trust their consistent message accuracy and rapid dispatching.
When your office is busy, you need a reliable backup to help you with your calls. A medical telephone answering service can also offer daytime overflow support. These services can also handle a sudden surge in call volume and staff shortages. They can also provide a secure web-based application to access permanent audio recordings of your medical calls.
Medical Phone Answering Services Save You Money
Adding these services to your medical practice can save you considerable money. It may also increase the quality of customer service that you provide. You’ll be able to provide patients with the best possible experience while spending less time on administrative tasks.
- These are great for handling patient calls, referrals, and appointment scheduling. They offer experienced operators who have specialized training.
- They can answer patient questions, provide technical support, and handle medical emergencies. You can test the service by answering a few calls before signing on with them.
- They can also offer referrals and appointment settings, a great way to increase your patient base.
- A call answering service should also be able to handle the overflow of calls during normal business hours.
- Medical call answering services provide a better system than you can build in-house.
- You’ll save money by not having to install phone systems or computer software.
- You’ll save money by hiring fewer employees and reducing the overall cost of your practice.
Another good thing to consider with a medical answering service is HIPAA compliance. This federal privacy law requires that medical practices be able to handle patient information. You’ll be able to keep your practice HIPAA compliant by choosing an answering service with agents trained in HIPAA rules.
The most important benefit of this service is increased efficiency. By freeing up your staff’s time, you’ll be able to improve your practice’s efficiency. This can mean increased revenue for your practice, which is often the only way to keep up with the rising cost of medical care.
Medical Answering Service Helps you Stay in Touch with Patients
A medical call answering service is an excellent way to keep in touch with patients. A good service will offer live native speakers, automated check-in, and text messaging to handheld devices. These services can be customized to meet your practice’s needs.
When a patient calls your office, you want to be able to provide them with the best possible service. Using this service, you can ensure that your patients are well cared for. This will help you to increase patient satisfaction, improve your bottom line, and stay in touch with your patients.
- A good service will allow you to set up appointments, cancel appointments, and answer questions. This will give your medical staff more time to attend to more important calls. They can also handle after-hours appointments.
- A good service will also offer your patients the option to receive reminders. This will help to reduce missed appointments. If you choose to use this service, you should ensure that your operator is courteous and professional.
- You should also ask if the service uses secure technology to keep your patient’s information safe. This will help you to comply with HIPAA requirements. The service should also offer a secure web portal to access your practice’s information.
A good will also ensure that your patients are given prompt help in an emergency. This is important, as missing appointments can be a big drain on your practice.
If your office has overflow calls, a medical office answering service can handle these calls so you can focus on the more important calls. You can also keep in touch with your patients during the holidays.
Medical Answering Services Ensure HIPAA Compliance
Ensuring HIPAA compliance for medical telephone answering services is important. Many medical offices use answering services to help with patient calls. Answering services usually state on their websites how they comply with HIPAA regulations.
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) is a federal law that protects the privacy of healthcare information. It applies to health plans, healthcare providers, and healthcare clearinghouses.
Regarding HIPAA compliance, you need to know how to use the right technology. This includes protecting your data when it is transferred, stored, and sent. It also requires that you monitor who has access to it.
Regarding HIPAA, you also need to understand that there are penalties if you fail to comply. These penalties can be in the form of fines or even criminal charges. The worst penalties are reserved for violators who have malicious intent.
In addition to being HIPAA compliant, you must ensure your service provider uses the correct technology. Consider using a secure messaging solution. These services keep your patient’s health information safe and ensure that it is viewed by only those who need it.
The HIPAA Security Act requires that you take the time to understand each of the acts it contains. It also requires that you have the proper training. Among these things, you will learn the laws that pertain to the act and the best ways to protect your healthcare data.
A HIPAA-compliant service will ensure that all your patients’ health information stays safe. These companies are trained to protect patient information, meaning you can rest easy knowing your patient’s health information is protected.
Med Answering Service Secures Messages Sent to and Received from Patients
Keeping messages secure is essential for any medical call answering service. Patients deserve to receive professional handling of their calls. Messages must be protected from interception or leaks. HIPAA-compliant services ensure that messages are encrypted and stored securely.
A medical telephone answering service can streamline your answering phone while protecting patient privacy. If a new message is received, the user will be notified. Patients can access news on the web or through a certain app. They can then delete messages and protect their digital devices.
A secure web portal allows access to practice information. This includes a list of on-call personnel. The portal is also updated in real-time. This ensures that the answering staff will contact the right person.
A medical call answering service will also be able to provide secure message retrieval. This feature allows on-call personnel to check the status of messages from patients. This can be done for free or at a small fee.
Another important feature of med answering services is the ability to block caller ID. This helps ensure that messages are only accessible to the doctor who has been notified. This can save the office money. It can also prevent messages from being monitored.
Secure text messaging is also important. Most medical practitioners prefer this method for communicating with patients. It can also help streamline work. A physician can speak with patients when they are not in the office. They can also use it as a reference tool.
Answering services for medical practices can also provide emergency message delivery. This can be used if a patient is experiencing an emergency and needs immediate assistance. This can also help to improve a physician’s public image.
When Do Healthcare Practices Need a Medical Answering Service?
Whether you’re a solo practitioner or a large multi-location healthcare practice, a med answering service can help streamline your communication. They can handle patient calls, manage patient confidentiality, and even notify practitioners of new appointments. A good medical answering service can also help you save money.
- Investing in an experienced service can also save you time.
- Choosing a medical answering service that is HIPAA compliant will also help ensure that your patient’s information stays private. Some services also offer live ASL video chat, which is helpful for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- An experienced service should also take detailed notes on each call. This will help your practice stay on top of patient inquiries and allow your staff to provide more personalized care.
- Medical call answering services can also handle appointment setting, scheduling, and cancellations. They can also help you streamline call data between offices.
- A good service integrates with your billing software and back-end systems.
Patients with chronic or acute ailments can also benefit from follow-up calls. These calls can remind them of their medication schedules, answer questions about their care, and help them avoid hospitalization.
A medical telephone answering service can free up your time so that you can focus on treating patients and providing them with the best possible care. It will also ensure that your calls are always answered by a professional who can direct inquiries to the appropriate staff member or department. With so many benefits, it’s worth considering a medical call service for your practice. Check our services to see how we can help you streamline your operations and improve patient satisfaction.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should medical facilities use a medical telephone answering service?
Medical answering services are a must-have for doctors who want to stay in touch with their patients when they need it most. These phone systems let you record messages and take calls outside of office hours, which can be lifesaving.
What does answering service mean in medical terms?
A doctor’s office with 24-hour accessibility is only possible through the use of answering services. The TAS (telephone answering services) takes messages from patients who need help outside normal business hours.
How is an answering service different from an answering machine?
With answering services there is a live voice with human touch to answer the patient calls. Answering machine plays a previously recorded message for every call.
What are the benefits of medical telephone answering services?
We have discussed this in the post above. Please read.